Dry aged beef fillet, smoked cauliflower purée, crushed peas, truffle gnocchi, pea cress, red wine sauce
Elements to the dish
Marinated fillet steak
Garlic and herbs
Contain: cereals, eggs, milk
Red wine sauce
Red mustard leaves
Contain: celery, mustard
- Pre heat your oven to 180°C.
- The fillet steak has been pre-cooked sous vide and arrives marinating in garlic and thyme.
- Place a frying pan on a high heat with oil and remove the fillet from the bag. Pat the fillet dry with kitchen paper so the outside achieves a nice caramelisation. With the oil smoking hot, carefully place the fillet in the oil and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side to achieve a nice dark golden seal.
- Add the garlic and herbs from the bag to the top of the steak. Place the truffle gnocchi into the pan with the steak and put into the pre-heated oven for approximately 5 minutes for medium rare. Add a further three minutes for each degree of cooking (8 minutes – medium; 11 minutes medium well).
- Remove from the oven and set aside to rest in a warm place for five minutes. If needed place the truffle gnocchi back in the oven.
- Warm the cauliflower puree and the pea mash separately.
- Warm the red wine sauce in a small pan until starting to simmer then remove.
- To plate, place the fillet, truffle gnocchi, pea mash and the cauliflower puree in the centre of a warm plate. Spoon the sauce over and around the plate and garnish with the pea cress.